Gemstone & Diamond Eternity Rings
Eternity by name, eternity by nature. Our handcrafted eternity bands are designed to last a lifetime. You can choose between a ring set with diamonds or other types of precious gemstones to provide unique eternity rings for women to treasure for the rest of their lives.
What is an eternity ring?
Many of us have heard the term “eternity rings” without fully understanding the meaning and symbolism of these rings.
The meaning and history of an eternity ring
Eternity rings can be dated back to ancient Egypt. The rings weren’t always used to mark an occasion like a ceremony, but they were always intended to be symbolic of eternal love. A lot of the original eternity rings were made in the “ouroboros” design which represents a snake eating its own tail. It may not sound very romantic, but this was a traditional symbol of eternity.
A diamond eternity band or any circular gold ring can be given as an eternity band to represent everlong love.
When do you give an eternity band?
Western traditions often inform when an eternity band is given. Often, men will give a diamond eternity ring after a full year of marriage. The rings may also be given as a gift to commemorate the birth of a child, for instance. The eternal circle of life is represented by an eternity band, too, so for many people childbirth is the perfect time for the band to be given as a gift.
Types of Women's Eternity Rings
There are different types of eternity rings, and you have plenty of choice to allow you to match a ring to someone’s personality.
- Diamond eternity band. A diamond eternity band is a timeless classic. Saying it with diamonds is almost always a good idea. Diamond rings look incredible in a variety of settings and Cbads and can prove a good match for engagement and wedding rings.
- Gemstone eternity band. A diamond is not the only gemstone out there. There are a number of different gemstones with their own coloration and unique designs. Many gemstones are more affordable than diamonds, and your budget might come into consideration. Emerald is known for love and fertility symbolism. Alternatively, you might use a birthstone as the detail of an eternity band.
Diamond eternity rings styles
Round cut eternity ring
A pattern of round cut stones detailing all the way around the band, usually one touching the other. This can further symbolize eternity. The round cut may come with a bezel.
Princess cut eternity ring
Princess cut eternity rings usually consist of a number of princess cut diamonds back to back around the length of the ring. Because of the shape of a princess cut diamond, they fill the full width of the ring itself, but there may be a bezel around the outside. Princess cut has a beautiful shimmer.
Baguette-cut eternity ring
Baguette cut diamonds have 14 facets and come in the form of longer rectangles, these can be set side by side within the ring so that they encompass the whole length of an eternity band. This is a classy, classical style.
Gemstone eternity rings styles
A prong setting means a number of metal prongs around the outside of the precious stone, often four or six, which clasp onto the stone and keep it in place.
A channel ring style is relatively common for eternity rings as it allows for stones to be placed in a channel all the way around, or part way around the eternity band. The “channel” is formed by the two strips of metal either side.
The bezel setting for a ring is an alternative to prongs, and holds the contents (stones) in place by encircling them. A bezel goes all the way around each stone. This is popular with circle cut diamond eternity rings.
This term refers to gemstones set in the center of the ring which provide a showcase for the gem, usually a diamond. Gallery set rings are good for showing off the stone you have gone for, and this is popular with engagement rings.
How to choose eternity rings for women
- Certified diamonds. Diamonds should come with a certificate to prove their authenticity and that they have been examined and rated. A GIA (Gemological Institute of America) is a common certificate that is given by an independent body.
- Diamond or gemstone color. Diamonds have differences in their coloration, and with the addition of gemstones, you can buy a number of different eternity bands that have their own coloration, which you can match with your own complexion or outfit. Many people go for seasonal tones when choosing gemstones.
- Match existing jewelry. Try to match the style with your existing jewelry (or the jewelry of the person you are buying the ring for). Though they don’t need to stack, you want the jewels to look good together as they may well be worn together every day.
Caring for eternity bands
Elegant designer rings and beautiful womens eternity rings may need some level of care and maintenance.
Most diamond rings, especially gold diamond bands, can be soaked in warm water with some mild soap, and even cleaned with a very soft toothbrush.
In the case of gemstones, it makes sense to take them to a jeweler once a year to check on the setting. Never store gemstones with diamonds, or where they can come into contact with harder metals, as this can cause them to scratch or break away from their setting. The same goes for storing a diamond eternity band with another diamond ring. There is a chance that one diamond will damage another.
Whether you are going all out and buying a diamond eternity ring or you are looking for something of an affordable gemstone ring, our unique, handcrafted ring collection offers something for your budget, and rings that can last a lifetime, as an eternity ring should.