Our collection of handmade designer gold rings includes something for every occasion, no matter what your style. Whether you need unique rings for dressing up or a white or yellow gold ring you can wear every day, with any outfit, Noray Designs can give you the perfect look.
Styles and types of 14k gold rings
There are a number of different styles and types of rings, from rings you wear every day of your life, to special occasions. Rings have a special symbolism and are closely intertwined with culture.
The most common gold rings for men and perhaps the best known of all rings. Wedding rings symbolize an eternal love, due to the never ending loop design. Wedding rings are often simple in design, but classy at the same time. 14k gold ring is one of the most used rings for weddings.
Beautiful 14K gold engagement rings with gemstones such as diamonds are the perfect way to mark the big question of whether someone will spend the rest of their life with you. An engagement ring is usually a statement ring, with gemstones extremely popular.
Diamond rings aren’t just for engagements, and there are a number of different styles of beautiful and unique designer diamond rings. Cluster and semi-mount rings can give a variation to the classic solitaire design many people opt for when popping the question.
Other gemstones can also be mounted in a variety of different settings on a 14k gold ring. Sapphire, ruby and other beautiful gems can add sparkle to your collection and allow you to opt for seasonal looks. Gemstone rings can be mixed and matched to suit different outfits and occasions.
Eternity rings are often given as an anniversary gift as a sign of the commitment and permanence of the wedding vows. They may come in the form of 14k gold ring with stones forming a continuous circle around the band.
Stackable rings are designed to be worn on the same finger, the gemstones and ring designs are made to not get in one another's way, so you can place them together on your finger in unison.
Choosing the right metal for your ring
The specific type of metal used for the ring can make a big difference, and people often have their own style and preference.
- White Gold - White gold rings often suit people with a pale complexion or those with a more rosy or fair look to their skin. White gold rings give a more subtle look.
- Yellow Gold - Yellow gold ring has a real history to it and may work well for classical designs. A yellow gold ring could be from any time in history. These give a beautiful compliment to those with olive or darker skin tones, but can be worn by anyone to good effect.
- Silver - Silver has a similar coloration to white gold, but more of a shine and a glimmer. If you are looking for a more affordable ring then silver may save you some money, but still give a beautiful jewelry look.
How to choose gold rings for women
When choosing women's rings you need to take into account a few different considerations. These can help you to buy a design that compliments her style, and that she will fall in love with.
- Her lifestyle and preferences - What sort of lifestyle does she lead? Yellow and white gold rings tend to be very durable, so you can wear them in a lot of different scenarios, but a more subtle design might be suitable for an active lifestyle, for example. Some women want a classy and understated look while others love to make a statement.
- Ring style - The ring style you go for may be dictated by the occasion you want to mark. You might be looking to get an engagement ring with a solitaire or cluster setting diamond. Yellow gold rings is a suitable style for many occasions, it's a traditionally wedding ring. Eternity rings may have more inline styling and detailed designs.
- Your budget - How much you can spend on the ring will play a part. Generally, you can still get some beautiful yellow or white gold rings without spending a fortune, but you might have to make a sacrifice on the quality of some of the stones and metals.
- Rings with diamond or other stones - Diamond rings are often seen as the number one choice for engagement and often for eternity rings. 14K gold ring is often the best choice for including gemstones set within. Though diamonds are classic, emeralds, sapphires and even pearls can be used to great effect. The gemstone you opt for can have a big impact on the price of the ring.
How to choose rings for men
The width of the band needs to be measured, just as it does when choosing rings for women. Most men go for white gold rings between 6mm and 10mm in size, with 8mm being the most common width.
It depends on your finger size, and you will need to measure by following a few simple steps.
Luckily, you can use a tape measure, ring sizer or even paper and a ruler to get the correct ring size.
Cut a piece of string and place it around the finger where the ring will go.
- Mark on the string where it meets around the finger.
- Use a ruler to measure this length so you know the circumference of the ring.
- Measure in mm or inches, and a conversion chart will tell you what size of ring you require.
The main criteria for your comfort is also the sizing. Ensure that the ring is not too tight, and is wide enough not to cause you pain, but also that it doesn’t fall off the finger as it is too wide.
Type of metal
Men’s wedding rings and gold bands are often chosen for durability first and foremost. Tungsten, titanium and cobalt are all popular due to their durability. They are very unlikely to scratch. Of course, you can go for different types of gold if you wish for a classic look.
Caring for gold rings
It is important to take good care of your rings, no matter what metal they are made out of.
- Both yellow and white gold rings can be cleaned using a chemical-free, mild soap, and warm water. You can even use a very soft toothbrush to clean them if required.
- Any time you are not wearing your ring, store it somewhere with stable humidity and away from chemicals.
- Take your rings off when you are performing tasks like the washing up, or if your ring is going to come into contact with chemicals.
There are so many different styles of rings, and some would say you can never have too many. Whether you need a white or yellow gold ring for a special occasion, or you are looking for that one special, unique ring to wear for a lifetime, Noray Designs has something for you.