Gold Necklaces for Women
Our range of beautiful and unique gold necklaces have the power to elevate your outfit. We offer a number of different gold necklaces including delicate diamond pendants and station necklaces, link chains and even stunning handmade cluster necklaces with a vibrant and glamorous design.
Common types of women's necklaces
Necklaces for her come in a variety of different designs, and there are a few design styles that we see used time and time again.
A chain necklace for her can be extremely subtle or delicate, with a cute necklace design, or it can be a little more bold. Chains are obviously called this due to their chain design, with interlinking metal.
For a gold necklace women will love, but that retains its subtlety, station necklaces could also be great. The chain itself resembles a “track” with the embellishments in multiple spots around the necklace forming the “stations” of the station necklace.
Cluster designs feature multiple gemstones, usually diamonds. These elegant necklaces for women can really stand out and provide a glamorous look, perfect for dressing up.
A solitaire design means one diamond or gemstone usually within 14K gold necklaces. The setting should draw your eye to the design and provide a subtle elegance that can be matched with a number of outfits.
Which material to choose for her necklace
Different types of gold should be matched with different complexions for the most effective and complimentary look. All types of gold go with most skin complexions to an extent, but for those looking for perfection the material could be key.
- White Gold - A white gold necklace gives a robust design but also a very subtle look, it is a great pairing for fair people with a lighter complexion. 14K white gold necklaces are often seen as quite a modern twist to the design of a necklace.
- Rose Gold - Rose gold usually looks best when combined with olive skin or darker complexions. It can also be a great setting for some of the more unusual gemstones to make a true statement with your gold necklaces.
- Yellow Gold - Yellow gold is versatile and though some think it looks best with darker complexions, this is down to personal opinion. Yellow gold matches beautifully with diamonds and is a traditional option, providing a safe design if you plan to give a luxury women’s necklace as a gift.
Coordinate gold necklaces with your body type
Whether you are tall or short, and whether you have a long neck, can play a big part in coordinating your unique designer necklace so that you get the most out of it.
- If you are tall, a shorter chain may not accentuate your neck as much as you would like, and this means you don’t get the most out of the stone and the beautiful design.
- Shorter people, and those with wide necks, should avoid chunky frames which can make you appear shorter. 18 inches or longer will help “draw out” your frame.
Women's necklaces styling tips
The length of a necklace as well as the design will play a part in how you look and how you should style your outfit.
- Solitaire diamonds look good with almost any necklace length, but short chokers or princess length (18 inch) can get the most out of them.
- Cluster are often for dressing up, and a longer length to go with a plunging neckline or a statement dress can look the best.
- Chains and station designs can look great in almost any scenario and with your formal or casual clothes. An 18 inch length is versatile and can be dressed up or dressed down.
Try not to overdo it by wearing multiple necklaces, and many people will avoid big statement earrings if they have a statement necklace, as there is simply too much going on.
For everyday office wear, a simple 18 inch necklace with a solitaire or even a subtle station design with some embellishments can look great.
How to measure your necklace
To get an idea of how a necklace will sit around your neck, you can use a tape measure to see how far 18 inches or 24 inches will reach. Remember that the necklace will droop and sit on your collarbone.
Generally, the following necklace sizes sit in the following positions on your body:
- 13-15 inches are collar necklaces which are very tight around the neck.
- Choker necklaces cover around 15-17 inches, these sit on the base of the neck and can be matched with a lot of outfits.
- The 17-19 inch length is “princess” and they look good with virtually any outfit, sitting right on the collarbone.
- A 20-24 inch is a Matinee, to sit between the collar and bust.
- 28 inches and above are either opera or rope designs, and these should usually be reserved for special occasions and evening attire.
If you are looking to buy a women's necklace as a gift then our cute collection of gold necklaces for women can give you a number of different options, from the simple and elegant, to the huge, glamorous and extroverted designs, all of Noray Designs’ gold necklaces are made of the highest quality materials, we only provide handmade necklaces.