Gold and Diamond Hoop Earrings for Women
From near little huggie earrings to large gold hoops, our diamond hoop earrings can give you the perfect accessories, featuring beautiful conflict-free and natural gems. You can let your ears shimmer, safe in the knowledge you have only the finest materials for your diamond ear hoops.
A Brief History of Hoop Earrings
Hoop earrings have been around for virtually all of human existence. They were really popular in ancient cultures and worn by the Greeks, Romans and ancient Egyptians. They were often a sign of power or of religious beliefs. In 2500 B.C.E, in what is now Sudan, the first ever hoop earrings were found, made of gold and silver, just like today. Ear hoops spread all over the world and ancient civilizations as far East and South as can be traced in human history. The symbolic meaning of hoop earrings would be different depending on the culture. In the 21st century, ear hoops are as popular as they have ever been, with new styles including mini hoop earrings and more intricate designs than would have been possible all those years ago.
Hand-Crafted Gold Hoop Earrings Styles
There are so many different types of earrings to choose from and styles of earring hoops. Below, we describe some of the terms you might hear when searching for ear hoops.
- Three Hoop Dangle: Three hoops that are linked like a chain, these are usually thin hoop earrings for women and, as the name suggests, they dangle down.
- Huggie Earrings: Huggies are usually gold hoops, which get their name from the fact they hug the earlobe. They're a form of very small gold hoop earrings, and are popular due to the fact they can be worn with pretty much any outfit and can suit any style.
- Inside-Out Hoop: These beautiful designer earrings may have a different design or gemstone both on the inside and outside of the gold.
- Milligrain Hoop: Take advantage of the millgrain technique of adding beads around the outside for intricate and unique detailing. This can give a contrast to a simplistic dress or other subtle outfit and provide some needed texture.
- Bezel Set: Bezel set diamond hoop earrings have a gemstone, and may be diamond hoops, with a stone set like it might be on a ring, with a bezel surrounding the precious diamond. With the ones that have gemstones, you can choose a perfect gemstone ring at Noray Designs and make everyone admire your cool combination. if you want to add some colors to your outfit, an eternity band with gemstones is always a good idea.
- Infinity: As you may have guessed, these form an infinity sign in the gold as they dangle down under the ear. This design can be symbolic for some people.
- Beaded Huggie Ring: A Huggie style but with more detailing such as a beaded hoop with extra texture, just for that extra little bit of interest.
Diamond Hoop Earrings Sizes
Diamond hoop earrings come in a variety of different shapes, sizes and designs. Choosing the size can be one of the most important factors and dictate just how much of a statement your earrings make.
Large Diamond Hoop Earrings
Big hoop earrings for women can make a big statement. They are often ideal for dressing up with cocktail dresses and wearing for special events.
Medium-Sized Diamond Hoop Earrings
Medium-sized diamond ear hoops often give a middle ground between making a statement, but having a subtle look to wear in the office or with an everyday outfit. A perfect hoop earring set with a medium-sizing might be the ideal solution for your collection.
Small Diamond Hoop Earrings
Small gold hoop earrings can be classy and subtle, too. You can match these sorts of earrings with virtually any outfit and even dressed down with jeans. Tiny ear hoops such as huggies have become really popular for their simplicity and class. These are even smaller than what most people would call small hoops as they are designed to just barely go around your earlobe.
How to Choose the Right Pair of Gold and Diamond Hoop Earrings
To choose the right pair of gold hoop earrings for you, the styles and sizes are just some of the considerations. Other elements that should be given some thought include:
- Gold Color: White gold hoop earrings might provide a unique look, and are best with pale complexions, but yellow gold or even rose gold could be twinned with olive skin to provide a complimentary look.
- Stones: There are a number of different stone types, which come with different prices, and give a whole new spectrum of colors to make a vibrant statement with your jewelry choices. Different gemstones can also be symbolic of birth months or anniversaries. Diamonds are timeless and elegant, and our handmade gold hoops with diamonds are always popular, but emerald, topaz and other materials can give a flash of color. Some of the alternative gemstones also make for more affordable ear hoops.
- Shape: Some people opt for a geometric shape, and hoops can actually come in ovals, pear-drop and rectangular shapes. Choose your shape to compliment your face shape, a round dangling ear hoop will look better with a square face. Geometric shapes might help with rounder faces to provide an elongated look.
Noray Designs provides a great deal of choice when it comes to finding gold and diamond hoop earrings as well as a number of other gemstones. Our unique, handcrafted diamond ear hoops can be a match for a number of different occasions, and no fine jewelry collection is complete without some precious hoop earring to give you yet more glamorous options.