Women's Gemstone Rings
The world of gemstones is nothing short of magical. Whether you believe in the healing powers of gems or you love them for the new and fascinating world of color they bring to your collection, there is a unique gemstone ring for everyone here at Noray Designs.
Advantages of wearing gemstone jewelry
The advantages of gemstones are sometimes overlooked when compared to diamonds, but many people opt for a combination, such as a diamond ring, and there are plenty of affordable yet stunning stones to make use of.
Plenty of people believe in the healing powers of gemstones. Amethyst is known for its protective, healing, and purifying powers and helping people to get rid of their negative thoughts. Quartz is also said to clear your mind of negative and destructive thoughts.
The calming and stress-relieving properties of gemstones is another reason why people place such faith in them. Amethyst, Celestite and Quartz are known for giving off soothing energy and helping to calm and de-stress.
Colorful, elegant and unique
No two gemstones are totally the same. Each has a charming and fascinating elegance that draws people to gemstone rings as alternatives to diamonds.
Carnelian, Quartz, Amethyst and Hematite are all supposedly packed with cleansing properties, to cleanse your aura and space.
Gemstones can all be grown and sourced in a sustainable way. Gemstones occur naturally and some can even be farmed.
Because some gems aren’t as rare as diamonds, some of the stunning gemstone engagement rings and other fine jewelry products give a viable alternative that can sometimes be a little more forgiving on the finances. You can still get stunning gemstone rings for a more affordable price tag.
Common types of women's gemstone rings
We delve more into the most common and impressive gemstone rings below.
- Ruby. The beautifully deep red ruby ring is iconic and can be used for a variety of different gemstone rings including ruby engagement and wedding bands and other types of fine jewelry. Ruby rings are known to symbolize nobility and passion. Ruby rings can be a good alternative to diamonds.
- Sapphire. A deeply fascinating and subtle blue stone. Blue sapphire rings are becoming more popular. Sapphire and diamond rings are also relatively common as these two stones marry up perfectly.
- Emerald. Emerald can be a sign of luck and fertility. The striking green can look great on a variety of eternity rings.
- Topaz. Topaz has an incredible color variation as striking blues jump out at you from the stone. Topaz is a subtle gemstone that can look great in classy jewelry, including a number of gemstone rings.
- Amethyst. Amethyst has purifying and tranquil properties. Amethyst engagement rings and amethyst wedding rings are becoming more popular, as people embrace this powerful and fascinating stone, which is also known as purple quartz. Many believe amethyst rings to contain divine energy.
How to choose perfect gemstone engagement rings
A number of different factors go into choosing cute gemstone engagement rings. The gemstone engagement ring should be worn daily, so it is important to get your decision right.
Her hair color
Match gemstone rings with hair color for the most effective look.
- Blonds tend to look great with anything, but deep blue colors, in this case - a blue sapphire ring, can be a wonderful matchup for blond hair.
- Redheads tend to look best with natural and earthy colors including deep greens or even the bright green of emerald.
- Brunettes benefit from reds and purples such as ruby tones, so ruby rings are always a good idea for brunettes.
- Black hair looks good with any gemstone ring, but something to give a bit of a “pop” or add interest is a safe bet.
The design should suit and match her lifestyle. Smaller, subtle gemstone rings are better for some people with active lifestyles as they can keep it on for more tasks than if they had big gold rings. Consider her style and jewelry collection too.
If you are a believer in the benefits of gemstones and think blue sapphire rings or ruby rings can have personal and spiritual benefits, match up the stone and its properties to the person who will be wearing it.
Pastel or autumnal colored gemstone rings might look best with a fair complexion. For olive skin, delve into some of the reds, or even vibrant blue and green color stones. A stunning handcrafted amethyst ring will pop when contrasted with olive or darker skin tones.
Coordinate gemstone types and color with your outfit
You can use the seasons, and seasonal color palettes, to quickly and easily create a look that works, with autumn, spring, summer or winter tones giving you a way to match with your gemstones. If you have a bright engagement ring already, match it with more subtle jewelry and clothing to let it shine.
Caring for your unique gemstone rings
Gemstone rings should be stored away from other stones. Keep them in a pouch, their own compartment of a jewelry box or even in a specific individual box. Otherwise, other stones or gold might scratch them.
If your gemstone rings are gold, then you can periodically soak them in unchlorinated water, combined with some mild soap. You can also use a very soft brush to get rid of any residue that is left. An unused kids toothbrush would do.
People with gemstone jewelry collections or even a couple of precious pieces such as sapphire or ruby rings, may take them to a jeweler around once every year to have them inspected for any signs of damage or risk that they will come out of their setting.