14K Gold Pearl Jewelry
Gems don’t come much more classic than pearls. Whether you are looking for a traditional pearl necklace and earring set or you are in the market for a modern take on this classic, we have designer pearl jewelry to suit. Our designer pearl jewelry does justice to this unique and special stone.
What to know about pearl jewelry
Pearls are a miracle of nature. When intruders enter the tissues of a mollusc, it coats them with natural proteins and a variety of minerals. These are referred to as Nacre. This is what creates a beautiful round design with a shimmer. Pearls can be found in the wild, but most modern pearls, and the pearl jewelry made from it, start with oyster farmers, who recreate this natural phenomenon. Pearl jewelry has been popular since ancient Greece, so there is no denying the history behind pearls, but many modern twists on the classic including pearl diamond ring designs and even pearl wedding rings are now popular.
How to choose the ideal pearl jewelry
The following steps are vital considerations when you are trying to find the ideal pearl jewelry for you or a loved one.
Right pearl type
There are a number of pearl types sourced in different sea types. Freshwater cultured pearls are far more common than any other type of pearls.
- Akoya cultured pearls are a saltwater pearl, a lot of these are sourced in Asia. They have a great luster to them, and work well with elegant designs. These pearls will give a classical look and go well with a timeless outfit.
- Naturally-occurring pearls from Tahiti can be more colorful, with a beautiful exotic look for a pearl necklace and earring set or other pearl jewelry. These can provide more of a modern look and make a real statement.
- South Sea pearls are also common, and they even have their own hues, providing a more golden color.
Most pearls in jewelry range from 2mm in size to 11mm or even bigger, 6-8mm is common for earrings, but 9mm can be found in some jewelry. The size you go for depends on how much of a statement you are looking to make.
Set your budget
Fortunately, most pearls are not hugely expensive compared to diamonds or other gemstones. However, if you want to get a diamond and pearl ring, for example, you might have to part with more money. You can even get beautiful pearl engagement rings.
Advantages of getting pearl engagement rings
Pearl engagement rings and pearl wedding rings are growing in popularity. There are some key factors making people value the classic charm of pearls in their modern resurgence.
Most people still opt for other gemstones, so if you go for a pearl, you are likely to have an elegant and unique talking point for your ring. Some of the modern designs use pearls in interesting and beautiful new ways.
Though pearls have a beautiful look to them, they are more affordable than the majority of other gemstones and a big saving over buying diamond rings, for instance. If you are looking for an engagement ring that doesn’t cost too much but still has a big and elegant stone then a gem might be your answer.
Unmodified natural beauty. The pearls you include on your jewelry don’t need special cutting, and can simply be set in the ring as they were made. Those who want this special relationship with nature to be on show on their wedding day, and the rest of their life, may opt for a natural pearl in a designer ring. Pearls are the only gemstone you can buy that are grown within a living creature. This unique and untainted natural feel might be exactly what you’re going for.
Match pearl rings with your outfit
Pearl rings may have a classic feel to them, but they are incredibly versatile.
- Dressing up. Because they are such a graceful stone, a lot of people match them up with classy attire including formal cocktail dresses or evening wear. This is probably seen as the classic way to wear pearls. They’re certainly good for dressing up.
- Dressing down. Pearls can also be dressed down somewhat. Though you might not want to wear them with jeans, you can find that pearl rings look great with your office attire, for example. A beautiful blouse or a nice pantsuit with pearl rings or even necklaces can look beautiful and elegant. Because of the fact that a pearl is not overstated, they can be matched with a variety of outfits.
- Match size and length. Other pearl jewelry needs to be matched with outfits, too. For instance, most pearl necklaces are 18-inches at the “princess” length. This means they cover most collar bones. This should be considered with the neckline of your clothing.
Caring for your pearl jewelry
Whether it’s a pearl necklace, a pearl and diamond ring or a pearl wedding band, you need to take good care of your pearl jewelry.
- Keep them away from other jewelry that might scratch the delicate surface of your pearls. For example, in their own pouch.
- Wear them regularly. Did you know that the oils from your skin actually benefit the pearls and improve their quality?
Don’t store your pearls in airtight containers. They benefit from moisture, so this means that an airtight container such as a zip lock bag is a pearl’s worst enemy.
- Never let your pearls come into contact with water which has chlorine in it. This will damage the epoxy which keeps your pearls in place on the ring or mounted elsewhere.
As you can see, pearl rings and other pearl jewelry is quite unique when it comes to storage, and very different to diamonds, for example. Pearls are versatile, unique, and can be absolutely stunning. Our range of designer pearl rings and other pearl jewelry gives you the chance to express yourself. These pearls can form part of your everyday outfits, or they can be saved for dressing up on special occasions. The beauty of nature can be worn with most outfits.