Bracelets and Bangles for Women
Our stunning collection of bracelets and bangles provides you with plenty of options no matter what outfit you pair them with. From station bracelets to diamond bangles and beautiful handmade diamond tennis bracelets, there is something for virtually every style and occasion.
What's the Difference Between Bracelets and Bangles?
Looking at bracelets and bangles online you will quickly see that there are some distinct differences between the two. Bangles are thicker and solid, whereas a bracelet can be flexible, with a clasp to encase it around the wrist.
Bangles can be dated back thousands of years, and the thicker design of bangles would normally utilize metals such as bronze and copper, but now, we utilize gold and other materials such as silver and platinum to make the band-style of bangle. They stem from South East Asia and countries like India and Pakistan originally.
Bracelets were first seen in ancient Egypt and the Scarab bracelet was thought to be a sign of rebirth. Because of the looser, less dense design of a bracelet they can dangle down from the wrist rather than being a firm band.
Different Types of Women's Bracelets and Bangles
What are some of the different styles of ladies bracelets and bangles? Which ones might be most suited to your outfits?
Tennis bracelets have a thin metal chain, normally with precious diamonds and gemstones within a number of links. They are normally made of 14K gold. Chris Evert, a tennis player in the 1980's, had to stop in a match as her diamond bracelet’s clasp had snapped. Since then, the inline diamond design with secure clasps has been referred to as the Tennis Bracelet.
Station bracelets get their name from the fact that the design looks like stations on a train track. The adornments and unique bracelet embellishments sit in clusters along a chain, which looks a bit like stations along a track. These are flexible and often lightweight bracelets.
Diamond bangles consist of diamonds set in a firm, rigid body of a precious metal bangle. They are simple and glamorous, with a look rooted thousands of years ago with some ancient Egyptian cultures.
Bracelets and Bangles: Unique Styles and Settings
There are a number of different styles, settings and materials to choose between to get the perfect diamond bracelet. All of our unique, handcrafted diamond bracelets have something special to offer.
- 14K: 14K gold is the standard when it comes to gemstones, and are the best for cutting with diamonds or other gems for looks and durability.
- Round cut diamonds: Some of our unique bracelets feature stunning round-cut diamonds to compliment the look of a bracelet or set within a bangle.
- Other gemstones: As well as diamonds, Noray Designs offer beautiful handmade jewelry with ruby and sapphire stones within, which can be a perfect match to your stunning sapphire rings.
There are different options for settings of the gemstones within a bracelet, too. Naturally, different settings will provide a different look to your diamond bracelet. We explain what some of the settings mean below.
- Prong: Prongs encase the individual stones in order to keep them in place on a piece of jewelry. They project out of the bracelet and encase the diamonds or other stones on the bracelet or bangle.
- Channel: Channel settings have a row of the gemstones within the bangle or bracelet. The end effect is to give a line inside the bangle or bracelet design. These are popular among bangles and can give a sparkling line in the middle.
- Bezel: Bezel set bracelets are a circular mount that holds the diamonds in place, they have small circular, geometric or even semi-circular sections that attach to each other, and look very modern and contemporary. These also contain the rings.
How to Choose Perfect Bracelets and Bangles for You?
There are a number of different considerations when choosing a bangle or bracelet.
- Size: Naturally, many of the bangles on the market are larger, with their solid, thicker band design giving a larger and heavier feel around the waste than a station design would.
- Pick your style: Decide upon whether you wish to have understated white gold settings or a more extravagant yellow gold or even rose gold with a number of detailed and classy diamonds. Everyone has their own style to consider. Match it with the other jewelry pieces of yours. Eternity rings can be a perfect match for completing the look.
- Occasion: Think about the occasion you plan to wear the bracelet or bangle. Is it for a specific event, or will this be a part of your everyday outfit and wardrobe? Try to avoid wearing both bracelet and a ring on the same hand, as it's too much.
- Complexion: Your skin color and complexion might play a part. More pale complexions may benefit from white gold designs, for example.
How to Measure Your Wrist Size?
If you are ordering bracelets and bangles online, it is important to measure your wrist size and ensure that any bracelet or bangle will fit.
How to Find an Accurate Bracelet Size
If you are using a tape measure, wrap this around the wrist, and this will give you an accurate reading in inches. If you don’t have one, you can measure a piece of paper, cut it to size around your wrist and then use a ruler to work out the size.
How to Determine Bangle Bracelet Size
For a bangle bracelet, you need to measure the circumference of your whole knuckle, as the bangle will need to get around the knuckle to fit. Don’t buy a bangle much bigger than your knuckle size or it may fall off. Your wrist and hand should keep it in place.
Caring for Your Diamond Bracelets and Bangles
There are some tips you can use to take the proper care of your diamond or gold bracelets and bangles, too.
- Avoid damage and scratching. If you are doing the washing up or anything that might scratch or damage the bangle or bracelet, remember to take it of.
- Keep your jewelry properly stored, with a jewelry box to keep it protected, and at a stable humidity, when not being worn.
- Keep them clean. You can use a very mild soap or detergent with warm water to clean bracelets and bangles regularly.
Bracelets and bangles can form a huge part of your jewelry collection, and we have some amazing, handcrafted options for you to choose from. Ensure you have the right size, and think about what style you are going to opt for before you shop.