Men's Diamond Rings
Wedding rings for men are vital for making your big day that extra bit more special. Remember that men’s wedding bands are going to be on your finger through your day-to-day life after you tie the knot, so you want to make the right choice.
Men's wedding bands are about durability and functionality as well as providing an everlasting symbol of your love. Noray Designs offers modern and contemporary wedding rings for men in different metals, with different designs and widths to choose between.
How should men wear rings
Some men are always drawn to wearing rings. For others, it is a new concept to embrace when you get married.
How you wear the ring depends on tradition. A band on the fourth finger of your right hand indicates that you are engaged, and you can even get specific engagement rings for men. On the fourth finger of the left hand, a ring indicates that you are married and have made your everlasting vows.
Choose men's wedding bands type
Designer wedding rings for men come in a lot of different styles. Some people find a certain type more comfortable or just more visually appealing. Choosing men's wedding bands means understanding the profiles and types.
- Domed profile - A domed profile on a ring means that it has a chunky band with the signet section in the center elevated from the finger. A domed ring is what you would expect, the actual band has a dome profile all the way around.
- Square profile - Square profile gold rings for men are as they sound, with a flattened, squared off look to them rather than a dome or bulge on the bands. Square profile gold rings for men are quite modern in design and often look best with a matte finish.
- Triangle profile - A raised center of the ring forms a triangle elevated from the band and going all the way around the ring finger. The triangle can be big and chunky or relatively slimline. Rather than being flat, the metal is shaped in a v-shape.
- Unisex - Gold rings for men and women alike are called unisex rings. A simple design of a mens wedding band does not necessarily have to be just for one gender. You could even get matching men's wedding bands with your partner.
- High polished - As you would expect, a high polished wedding band has a strong and shiny luster providing a polished and reflective look. This can give a more classical look.
- Matte finished - A matte finish tends to look more modern, with no shiny or reflective surface on your ring. Matte gold has a contemporary look.
Pick men's diamond rings material
Different types of gold, or other metal, are another consideration for choosing men's wedding bands.
White Gold - White gold rings for men look better with pale complexions. White gold has a similar coloration to silver, but it tends to be less shimmery and has a stronger build.
Yellow Gold - Yellow gold is more traditional. Historically, the majority of men's rings would be yellow gold. This will work best for people who have olive skin tones or darker complexions.
Platinum - If you are looking for something a bit stronger, and more durable (not that gold isn’t durable!) Platinum could be the answer. If you have an active life and want to be able to keep your ring on through a lot of activities and know it won’t break, you might go for a platinum gold rings for men, but it depends on whether the modern look is for you.
Sterling silver - Silver gives a shine and glimmer that other materials might not, but it can also be less durable. If you go for sterling silver ensure a high rating and hallmark.
How to measure men's rings size
You can use a ring sizer for men to know exactly what size to go for. You may even be able to get a printable ring sizer, though this relies on calibration of your printer.
String or paper can work.
- Take a string or very thin piece of paper, and wrap it around the ring finger close to your knuckle.
- Mark the point where it starts to overlap.
- Use a ruler to measure the exact millimeter measurement of the paper or string used.
- Refer to a ring size chart to work out exactly which size you will need.
Caring for men's wedding bands
Elegant wedding rings for men need to be taken care of. Mens diamond rings, just like womens, should be protected even if they are made out of strong and durable materials.
Gold rings for men can be soaked in water with a small amount of mild soap to get rid of any imperfections and buildups. For silver, use vinegar (or ketchup, which contains a lot of vinegar) and this will help to break down any unwanted grime on your ring and leave it with a shine.
Ensure that you store your ring away from other jewelry that might do it damage. Don’t just put it in a box with diamond jewelry.
If you want your gold rings to have a real shimmer to them, it might be worth taking your ring to a jeweler periodically for a clean and polish. Leaving it to the professionals like this is a good idea if you are uncertain of how to do it yourself.
Diamond bands need much consideration and more and more options are becoming available. Whether you want elegant, handcrafted rings or just the simple affordable option of men's wedding band that is going to last through the years, Noray Designs has men’s diamond rings to suit all tastes and budgets.